Below is a list of a few local activities that we highly recommend as a way to experience Junquillal and support local businesses/organizations.
• Vida Verdiazul – baby sea turtle releasing and adult sea turtle nesting. Located at the end of the main Junquillal beach road. Minimum donation required; inquire as to seasonal availability.
• Horseback riding – guided beach trail rides on gaited horses for all levels of experience. Contact Molly at Costa Rica Equestrian Vacation.
• Estuary Stand-up Paddleboard tour – glide across the serene waters of the estuary while learning about this amazing and important habitat. SUP-Yoga also available. Contact us.
• Restoring Our Watershed/Bees for Trees – spend a morning learning about local efforts to protect water resources. Then visit a local beekeeping family to enjoy a glimpse of authentic, rural Costa Rican life. Includes bee suit rental and typical lunch. Available by appointment only. Email: Matt@ourwatershed.org
• Yoga/Wellness sessions at Tierra Pacifica Club Arbol – walk-ins welcome for $12
Tues – Gentle Stretch Flow 7:15AM – Rosalia Lindo
Tues – Pilates 8:30AM – Rosalia Lindo
Thurs – Yoga Flow 7:15AM – Rosalia Lindo
Wed & Fri – Hatha w/ therapy balls – 9:30 – 11AM – Ana Scales
We can arrange for short and long-term rental of:
•charter boat tours
Don’t see your activity on the list? Tell us what you’ve got in mind (adventure, relaxation, nature-watching, etc) and we’ll be happy to connect you! Just contact us!